Thursday, July 12, 2012

Christopher Walken supports print


Do you have the same illness? Mine is a seriously bad case, I gotta admit.

(If you don't get the joke, go here.)

I used StitchPoint.com to generate the cross-stitch chart for this piece (font: Amsterdam) and some of my stash of vintage embroidery floss to stitch the letters. At first, I just planned do the whole piece in that staid dusty purple at the beginning there, but then I thought it might be fun to use a random rainbow of colors, like the spines of books on a shelf (no books arranged in color order here, so I think I am safe from Internet mocking). Note that I included a generous chunk of the color I like to call Penguin paperback orange.

Cracks me right up every time I look at it.



"I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I buy first editions."

"Really explore the literary space this time."

I have like 20 of these if you guys want to stick around.

3 comments:

  1. You could try alternative medicine and get a Kindle. But then you'd miss out on the Penguin paperback orange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. The other day I saw a guy wearing a t-shirt that said, "My library is in The Cloud," and I thought: The horror. The horror.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm happy to see the considerable subtle element here!. small business IT support London

    ReplyDelete