Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring decorating

Brought out the daffodil-like afghan I thrifted a while back.



Set up the eggs.



And some bunnies. The print is from ZouZou's Basement on Etsy.



This one is ceramic, not chocolate. Clever though, right?



Cut some real forsythia and made some pretend forsythia.



 The latter (inspired by this) is pretty self-explanatory but here's how I did it:



Tie some embroidery floss (this is DMC 444 and it's a remarkably good match for actual forsythia blossoms) around your twig and clip off the tail.
 

Wrap it....



Add a dab of glue, cut the thread, and use your fingers to smooth down the end.
 

Voila! Now it's Spring inside the house as well as outside.

And there was still time for the important stuff. Like Busytown. (Look at those adorable curled-up fingers and feet.)
 

And napping.



And getting inspired by a new book. No joke, it's blowing my mind.


And finally, this is not really apropos of spring, but I thought some of you might be interested in this interview I recently did with artist Kathryn Clark about her Foreclosure Quilts series. Wonderful project and a truly fascinating conversation.

4 comments:

  1. I have one of those daffodil afghans that my grandma made! I keep it out all year long, though, because I love to look at it, and it hides the part of the back of the couch that the cat scratched :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And hooray, your blog finally let me comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray, indeed! So glad it worked this time!

    The funny thing is, the part of that afghan that is showing in that picture is covering the part of the couch that the cats scratched up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I'm not the only one then :)

      Just finished reading the article about the foreclosure quilts. Really neat work. Thanks for sharing that.

      Delete