Sunday, December 18, 2011

Wrapping

Here is something else you can do with all those solid-color paintings your preschooler brings home: make collage-y adornments for your holiday presents.



I was so pleased when my wrapping from the teacher gifts was tacked up on the bulletin board at my daughter's daycare holiday party yesterday. Right next to her masterpieces!


You could greatly reduce the PITA factor here (I cut out the bulbs by hand and the only thing in the house that would show up on the dark paper was white paint, and the only instrument small enough to get it on them was a toothpick) by using one of those scrapbooking punches to cut out the shapes and getting yourself a white or silver Sharpie. I definitely recommend doing it the easy way.

The wrapping paper is from Target. (I have a big roll of silver paper, too, and I'm not afraid to use it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment