Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday flowers


Lots blooming this week! Here are the rest of the peonies, salvia (purple, pink, and red; the red might be called "hot lips" and seriously has the most wonderful fragrance of any flower ever, yes including peonies), garden sage, yarrow, cranesbill geranium, perennial verbena, fern.

I'm giving you close-ups, though, because I think the whole of this arrangement is distinctly less than the sum of its parts.


Ah well, I'm still learning.


And in my defense, peonies are kind of...difficult blooms. The Dame Maggie Smith of flowers, one might say.


(Also, coincidentally, as I was transferring these pictures from my camera onto my computer, my man emailed me to say "These have been catching my eye for a while now." Just in case you ever wondered why it works between us.)

No comments:

Post a Comment