Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A post I plan to refer back to often

Elapsed time: 4 months:

Uggghhhhh. But....

4 months + 20 minutes:
  (Sorry, blurry camera phone pic. Can't stop for proper photography when you're on a roll like this!)

(Yes, a timer and everything. It really works for me!)

4 months + 40 minutes:

(I'd still like to hang the thread rack, but my contractor informs me this will require sinking anchors in the wall, and I don't want to do that until I'm sure this part of the room isn't getting rearranged.)

It doesn't take that long! Why do I have such trouble remembering that fact?

Bonus: and thus it has pretty much remained ever since. (Sometimes--not always--a surface is a clutter magnet because it's already cluttered. And clearing it off makes it suddenly not a good place for clutter.)

More inspiration along these lines: Unfuck Your Habitat. The cursing really helps, trust me.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! This is inspirational.

    Now that I have a new language to describe it: I unfucked my underwear/bra/scarf drawer on Saturday. Now, every time I open the drawer, it's a little respite from the rest of the house.

    Yes, I know. I'm the defense of clutter girl. But still.

    ReplyDelete